Coordinate with Cabela’s corporate office to execute a public relations plan focused on employing specific media relations tactics to prepare staff and target key media.
MEDIA RELATIONS TACTICS:
- Media train Cabela's Avon staff to prepare for interaction with reporters during media preview day
- Distribute media preview day invitation to key local media
- Plan and conduct media tours on media preview day
- Distribute press release for grand opening to key local media
- Include local officials in grand opening ceremonies
- Assist media with interviews and coverage during grand opening
Prosper successfully attracted all major media outlets in Cleveland to both Cabela’s Avon media preview day and grand opening, achieving more than 90,000 coverage views combined. Approximately 3,000 attended the store’s grand opening weekend, proving to be one of Cabela’s more significant turnouts.
“Prosper for Purpose had a great understanding of our needs and expectations leading up to the grand opening of our new Avon, Ohio, store. They presented a clear plan for assisting with our grand opening process, which included on-site media training for Cabela’s staff and securing media attendance at two separate events, and executed their tasks beyond our expectations. They were a pleasure to work with and a great asset for our media and public relations efforts.”
-Nathan Borowski, Communications Specialist, Cabela's Incorporated